The Premier Online Marketing, Web Design and ECommerce Firm

The Premier Online Marketing, Web Design and ECommerce Firm
Welcome to Premier Spot iMarketing's Blog. PremierSpot specializes in providing professional Web Design, Online Marketing and E Commerce solutions for our clients.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

RSS Feeds

I'm more and more convinced that Rss Feeds (News Feeds) are the way to go. I'm personally signed up for about 15 feeds and I'm sure that number will grow much higher as more people put their own feeds out.

Why News Feeds? Have you ever been to a website that you liked and have never been back? That's what I do. I either forget about the website or even add the site to my favorites, but it gets lost among the rest of my "favorite websites".

If a website has their own News Feed (Rss Feed) I just subscribe to the feed. I use Microsoft Outlook as my Rss Reader. There are plenty of other options, but for me Outlook is the best choice. Whenever a new article is on the site and the website owner adds the article to it's news feed I instantly get it in my email. So now.... I don't have to go back to the website for me to know what is going on. The website is able to push information to me. Thank You! What a wonderful technology. If you aren't using RSS Feeds on your website or utilizing them to get the information delivered to you... you should be.

Take care and we'll see you at Starbucks:-)

No comments: