The Premier Online Marketing, Web Design and ECommerce Firm

The Premier Online Marketing, Web Design and ECommerce Firm
Welcome to Premier Spot iMarketing's Blog. PremierSpot specializes in providing professional Web Design, Online Marketing and E Commerce solutions for our clients.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Content Content Content

A combination of good search engine optimization and website content can transform your website into a sales tool. Combining the website content necessary to increase return visits and the SEO to get the initial visitor goes hand-in-hand. Combine that with a visually pleasing and fast loading website, and your website will achieve the results you desire.

“I don’t have the time to up-date my website everyday”, is the comment I hear from customers on a daily basis.

The small business owner has many items on their agenda on a daily basis. Understanding that adding new content or providing the content to their website management firm should be at the top of their list. The potential for new customer acquisitions and repeat customers from an updated website with good content is priceless.

Would you operate your retail location and never have:

· “New” specials in your store?
· Add new products to the shelf?
· Speak to the customers that come into your store?

Of course you would. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t have any customers after a few years. The same is true for your website.

Most small business are very comfortable with hiring in-store help, but are reluctant to pay for quality website updates and content. If you truly want to succeed in the online world you’ll need to make the financial effort necessary to do so.

How much should you update your website each day? A minimum of 200 new words a day on your website will do amazing things to your website traffic and content. The viewers will appreciate it, and will come back more often. Search engines will reward you for the updated content, and will move your website higher in the rankings for multiple keyword/phrases.

Some options on how it could be easier for you to add content to your website are:

Take 15 – 20 minutes each day to sit down in a quiet area to write something relevant to go on the website. If you upload it yourself great. If not send it to your website developer or SEO. I’m sure they would be very happy to upload your website each day. They should understand the importance of content and changes to your website on a daily basis.

Find a website that provides free info for your industry. Add that content to the website. Make sure you add the appropriate bylines and links to the articles author.

Have one of your trusted employees (or rotate the writing with your employees) write out the articles. It can be something they do as part of their daily routine. Most employees will enjoy it. It will also allow them to take more ownership into the website and business.

Free newsfeeds are available for most industries. It won’t always provide the most relevant information, but it will allow a viewer to read “new” information if they come back to your website and won’t take much time for you except for the initial set-up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent suggestion - 'cept that in the case of a web presence, it wouldn't take "a few years" for you to lose your customer traffic - it'd take mere days, at most!

Interesting to note that - although they call you regularly to complain they lack the time to attend to their sites, they still find time to make those calls!

Thanks for the "gentle" reminder: Gotta go tend my site, now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric J. Fransen,
this post is truly a nice piece of work!
While looking for more information about free articles,
I see so much rubbish, that I am glad to find a blog like yours.
My interest goes out to free articles related information,
but this post is a real inspiration for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric J. Fransen,
I was looking for information about author publishing articles when I discovered this post, certainly one of the finest blogs I have found!
But before I continue my search for author publishing articles I want to say that your blog deserves a compliment!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric J. Fransen,
I was looking for information about free website content when I discovered this post, certainly one of the finest blogs I have found!
But before I continue my search for free website content I want to say that your blog deserves a compliment!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric J. Fransen,
this post is truly a nice piece of work!
While looking for more information about free content,
I see so much rubbish, that I am glad to find a blog like yours.
My interest goes out to free content related information,
but this post is a real inspiration for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric J. Fransen,
this post is one of the really interesting blogs I’ve found during my search for info about free content. Although this post isn't exactly what I was looking for, I want to express my admiration, keep up the good work! While looking for more information about free content, I seldom see a good blog like yours.